Can I be removed from your mailing list?
You can unsubscribe from our e-mailing, SMS or postal list by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01225 435713 or in the salon:
David Maxwell Hairdressing
10 Argyle Street
What will you use collected data for?
We will use your email address to keep you up to date with all the great offers and news from David Maxwell Hairdressing.
LAST UPDATED MAY 2018
We are David Maxwell Hairdressing, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 9039501 and with our registered office at 11 Wheatstone Court, Davy Way, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester, England, GL2 2AQ.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website: www.davidmaxwellhairdressing.co.uk and any other website on which this policy is posted or expressly referenced (“David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is David Maxwell Hairdressing.
Under data protection legislation, David Maxwell Hairdressing is required to explain to you why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share your information with anyone else.
This statement applies to customers, users of our website and those who wish to receive marketing information from us. Please read this statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This statement tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This statement relates to information collected from you through your use of our website www.davidmaxwellhairdressing.co.uk and any other website on which this policy is posted or expressly referenced (“David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites”). It also relates to information which we collect from you in our salon, over the telephone or if you contact us via email or in writing.
Please do not use the David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites unless you agree with this policy.
This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
It is important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information which we hold so that the information which we hold is accurate and current.
The information that you provide to us is required in order for us to:
- provide you with offers and marketing information about services and products in which you may be interested;
- for our monitoring of the use of the David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites by users;
- for profiling purposes so we can better tailor the David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites' content to users' browsing behaviour;
We are collecting information about you in order to achieve the purposes set out above. This includes:
- personal details and payment
- personal details (such as name, gender and date of birth);
- contact details (such as your address, phone number and email address);
- payment information (such as payment methods and other information related to payment);
- website use and communications
- details of your visits to David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites (such as location data, weblogs, other communication data and resources that you access);
- information about your use of our information and communications systems;
- marketing, competitions and survey information
- competition entries;
- your responses to our surveys;
- details of any agreement or objection to receiving marketing information from us;
- medical information relating to allergies and skin tests
We do not knowingly obtain or store any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as information about race or religious beliefs.
The information which we collect about you will be obtained through a variety of sources which include:
- information provided by you
- in the salon, over the telephone with our team or via email.We will never ask you to confirm or supply any account or credit card details via email or text message. If you receive such an email or text message, please do not respond and notify us immediately at: email@example.com;
- if you enter a competition by us;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
- information collected automatically about you
- information automatically collected about you and your visit the David Maxwell Hairdressing Sites;
- information collected from third parties
- we may collect information about you from third parties who we have partnered with to run competitions.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
We may use your personal data to provide you with information that you have requested from us and to inform you of offers or other goods or services that may be of interest to you (but only where you have not objected to be contacted for such purposes).
We will only contact you by electronic means (email) or SMS with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will do this where you have made a purchase with us or you have otherwise confirmed that you agree to us sending you such information.
Please note that you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by:
- not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data; or
- by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your personal data in order to handle any issue which you raise with our team.
If you complete a survey for us, such as a customer satisfaction survey, we will review and analyse your answers to the questions.
We may also use your personal data in order to train our members of staff or for monitoring purposes.
We may also use your personal data to notify you about changes to our service.
We will comply with data protection law. At the heart of data protection laws are the "data protection principles" which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- kept securely.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third parties security measures
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We typically will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. In limited circumstances we may use your information for a purpose other than those set out in this policy. If we intend to do so, we will provide you with information relating to that other purpose before using it for the new purpose.
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where such use is required or permitted by law.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which is available from our Data Protection Officer.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us. You will find our contact details at the bottom of this page. If you notice any errors in your personal data, you have the right to have them corrected.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You are not always entitled to exercise each of these rights. The rights which you are entitled to exercise depend on a number of factors including the lawful basis on which we rely to use your personal data. Therefore, if you make a request to exercise a right which is not available to you, we have the right to decline the request.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (the "ICO") if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Competition Terms and Conditions (NB. these terms and conditions may be amended at any time, for any reason). It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions prior to entry. By taking part in the competition, you accept and agree to the interaction terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions then you should not take part in the competition.
- ONE winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries after the closing date on 31st August 2019.
- For an entry to be eligible, the hashtag #DMHSELFIE must appear in the description of the post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- If your profile is set to private, you can either use the ‘check-in’ button to tag in David Maxwell Hairdressing, set your post to public or upload your picture to our Facebook page.
- One winner will receive one gift voucher for £750.00 to spend on hair services only in the David Maxwell Hairdressing salon. The voucher is valid for one calendar year from date of issue. Any credits left on the gift voucher after this time will be voided and cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The voucher cannot be shared with any other person and will be instantly voided in that instance.
- The competition and offer may be amended or withdrawn at any time and for any reason prior to the entry deadline. After the entry deadline, any intended amendments to the prize or competition will be notified in advance to the winner.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for money and cannot be used to purchase retail in the salon.
- We reserve the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. We may withhold delivery of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any information given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the competition or prize draw service, the decision of David Maxwell Hairdressing shall be final.
- In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding concerning how and when the gift voucher can be redeemed, the decision of David Maxwell Hairdressing shall be final.
- All appointments are subject to availability, especially during periods of promotional activity. No amendments will be made to an appointment of any other David Maxwell Hairdressing’s guest to accommodate the winner. Any attempt to amend or cancel any appointment the winner has made will only be in line with the day-to-day running of the salon. Any appointment made prior to the gift voucher expiring cannot be redeemed after the voucher has expired.
If you have any queries regarding the competition or prize, these must be submitted prior to entry to the competition. Once an entry has been made no dispute will be entered in to regarding the competition or prize.
David Maxwell Hairdressing
10 Argyle Street